Philips DL 167/40 FM Radio Review
Build and Design: The Philips DL 167/40 FM radio has a classic design, much like the radios of older times. The build quality is satisfactory.
There is an integrated volume and on/ off dial, and a tuning control dial at the side. At the front there is a band indicator. This product is a table top model.
Battery Backup: The product uses 2 R20 type batteries to function. The backup it provides is about 15-20 days.
There is no option for AC power, and the product runs only on the help of DC power, i.e on these batteries. There is however, a 3V DC charging port present.
Antenna: There is an external telescopic antenna provided with the product for better reception. It has three bands, FM, MW (Medium Wave) and SW (Short Wave).
Additional Features: The additional features for the Philips in dl 167/40 consist of a carrying handle to conveniently carry the product.
Philips DL 167/40 FM Radio Pros and Cons
- It is a very cheap product and so easily affordable.
- The sound quality is satisfactory.
- It is quite compact and so can be carried everywhere.
- The battery backup is not good, and the design is old.
- There is no headphone jack present on the product, so the user cannot enjoy music in privacy.
- Charging the product depends entirely on DC, there is no AC option available. This is a big disadvantage.
Philips DL 167/40 FM Radio Verdict
When an user wants a small sized and cheap FM radio yet with a nice sound quality , the Philips in dl 167/40 FM radio is one to consider. In spite of lacking basic modern features, it serves its purpose as a classic radio well. A better battery backup would have been a good addition to the product's upsides though.