Connecting your devices to the internet, Routers are offered from an abundance of companies. Check out 5 best routers for home use in India 2020 and buyer’s guide.
These companies offer all the updated features and it is a difficult choice to select for the best WiFi router for home. Routers are the tools which connect you to Wi-Fi.
They do so by sending information from your IP address to the internet and from the internet to your device in the form of data packets.
Not to be confused with modems, routers extend the network from your modem to a wider area. Routers make sure that they prohibit delicate data from being leaked by guarding networks.
We have combined all our resources to shape a well-informed list of five best WiFi wireless routers for home use in India for you to select from. Check out best selling routers in India.
- 5 Best Routers for Home Use in India 2020:
- How to Choose Best Routers for Home Use?
- Home Use Router FAQ
5 Best Routers for Home Use in India 2020:
1. Securifi Almond
Securifi Almond is the kind of wireless Wi-Fi router whose main feature is the three-minute set-up. It does not require any foreign gadgets like mobile phones or laptops for set up.
It has an inbuilt touch screen which does not require a technician for enabling the router for usage.
Its touch screen also enables easy management so that you do not require any third-party devices like mobile or PC.
It is the best wifi router for a home which requires an amplified speed of Wi-Fi. Securifi Almond is also adaptable with most devices like MacBook, Android, Play-station etc.
It increases the range of Wi-Fi with excellent technology from Securifi. The detection of the Internet is automated and makes it stand apart from the crowd of already existing Wi-Fi routers for home.
- The main feature being the three-minute setup is essentially a thumbs up.
- Securifi Almond has a touch screen which does not require a mobile phone or a PC for setting up and managing makes it better than others.
- It is adaptable with most devices.
- It is a little more expensive than the rest.
- The touch screen’s pixels might fade over time.
- Its coverage is sometimes not as good as expected.
2. ASUS 3-In-1 Wireless Router
Following Fortune magazine, ASUS is ‘One of the world’s most admired companies’. ASUS has fabricated its ASUS 3-in-1 Wireless Router which comes with an easy installation process.
This configuration process may last maximum up to five minutes, you just have to follow the on-screen instructions for it.
It is the best budget router which gives out a satisfactory coverage of Wi-Fi for your home.
The technology is great which provides a good user interface. The hardware is also good.
The best part of ASUS 3-in-1 Wireless Router is that it is inexpensive and can come easily in the budget.
The speed which might be as high as 300mbs with 40mbs more or less than that. This budgeted router works in a repeater mode.
It doesn’t require rebooting even after working for a long time. Be it downloading speed or the stability of the signal, it is a very good wireless router.
The list of Pros and Cons has been chalked out so that you can make a well informed and intelligent decision based upon the knowledge that we provide.
- It is a budgeted router and won’t put a hole in your pocket.
- The installation process is quick and easy. You just have to follow the on-screen instructions.
- The Wi-Fi coverage that it provides is way above expectations.
- For connecting it to a printer, an extender is required.
- At times, this Wi-Fi router resets itself.
- It is a little outdated version of routers for home use.
3. TP-Link TL-WR845N 300Mbps Wireless-N Router
The key feature of this particular router is the presence of three antennas which mean more catching of signal for better network and High Definition video surfing.
This Wi-Fi router transfers data at 300 megabytes per second which not only makes the connection very powerful but also fast.
This will easily fit in the budget of people who are not looking for pricey Wi-Fi routers and who do not want to compromise on the speed of the internet services.
The ability of this router to work as a bridge or as the chief router makes it stand apart. To put it in simpler words, you can connect it to the already existing broadband connection in your house to improve its range.
It wouldn’t matter if it is wired or wireless. It also can work as the main broadband connection provider without there being a modem. The app called ‘TP-Link Tether’ makes it very easy to maintain and install.
It also comes with a three-year warranty from the producer. It has a lot of features, one of them being uncomplicated parental control.
You may want to block some sites so that your children do not access it.
With the help of this Router, the URL blocking is easy and trouble-free making it the best wireless router for the home with mischievous children.
It has other features as well like Guest Network Access which refers to the ability of the network produced by this Wi-Fi router to be used by guests without compromising your privacy.
The list of pros and cons has been sketched below; refer to it before purchasing a Wi-Fi router.
- URL blocking is easy and without any complications.
- It can be used as the chief or bridge internet facilitator.
- It can be connected to an unwired CCTV camera as well.
- The durability of the TP-Link TL-WR845N 300Mbps Wireless-N Router is not so good.
- At times, it gives a bad network and does not provide a very good range.
- You may have to reset your router more than once for it to facilitate good coverage of the network.
4. Tenda N301 Wireless-N300 Easy Setup Router
This router is a value for money Wi-Fi router with a high powered kind of connection. It comes with easy installation and gives better management of services.
You can connect a lot of devices with this router and would not have to worry about overloading.
The products that you get along with this Wi-Fi router N301 Quick Installation Guide, Ethernet Cable, Power Adapter with Resource CDs.
It has a period of three years of warranty. Data transfer rate is 100 megabits per second.
The router is very durable and the facilitator of a good network provides excellent connection throughout your home.
Tenda’s 101 Wireless-N300 setup router provides as much as 200 meters of diametric area. Just three easy steps have to be followed on your mobile phone for surfing the internet.
Wirelessly accessible control of internet handling which does not make you sacrifice the security of your Wi-Fi connection.
The parental controls are very easy to set up. The router has three available LAN ports giving space for connection of different cables like an Ethernet power line.
It is available with 16 megabytes of RAM. The pros and cons of this are as follows. Check out TENDA N301 Wireless Router Price.
- This router is comparatively lightweight.
- It provides 200 meters diametric area of internet coverage.
- Just three easy steps are to be followed for setting it up.
- Presence of an already existing modem is to be there and it can not be used as broadband.
- Technical settings have to be altered if it starts giving problems like modification of antivirus present in your mobile phone or PC.
- Complicated settings for changing the security key.
5. iBall Baton iB-WRD12EN 1200M Smart Dual Band Wireless AC Router
This iBall Baton router stands out because of its various outstanding features. Bandwidth can be controlled which allows easy up streaming or down streaming of the browsing speed, depending upon your needs.
Guests can easily log in without you having to give up your router password. This ensures privacy and prohibits misuse of your Wi-Fi network. It works without any modem required.
The speed with which it facilitates signals is up to 1200 megabytes per second, which is higher than most Wi-Fi routers. The frequency with which it gives out and absorbs signals is at the rate of 2.4GHz and GHz.
It has a spectacular beam forming technology with dual-band, it works on AC. There are four omnidirectional antennas which ensure it gets and provides an only good signal.
It is the best Wi-Fi router for home in terms of speed. You just require an app for the maintenance and installation of this router.
This helps you monitor data usage of your internet while being able to control it. You can set alarms for a particular amount of data which would ensure you do not get a heavy bill at the end of the payment period.
You can even see how many devices have been connected, how much the data usage is, which devices are joined etc.
- With up to 1200 megabytes per second of facilitation of data, is the first big advantage of this router.
- It comes with bandwidth control for up streaming and down streaming of internet signals.
- Guest mode ensures that you do not have to give up your password to guests which would ensure that there is no misuse of your Wi-Fi connection.
- It cannot work with an already existing modem.
- Video streaming is not as smooth, it gets interrupted sometimes.
- The connection gets buffered a little when a lot of devices are connected to it.
How to Choose Best Routers for Home Use?
For the purpose of figuring out which is the best budget router, we assembled a buyer’s guide for you.
To select the best WiFi router for home, it narrows down to a list of things which we have mentioned below.
The first thing that you should know about routers is that they are of two main kinds. First of them is broadband.
Broadband routers can be operated to link computers or to link to the Internet.
The second category of routers is wireless networks, they connect devices such as mobile phones, PC, etc. to the internet.
According to your need, you may select a Wi-Fi router fit for your home. Check out Best Webcams for Computers in India.
Data transfer rate
Routers are meant to increase the connectivity of the existing internet facilities. They also regulate the internet speed.
The speed with which you access the internet is known as the data transfer rate. Keeping this in mind, you should look for the router which provides a higher data transfer rate depending on your budget.
For instance, some routers may be expensive but would not offer high data connectivity. Routers like these are avoided.
The router which you may select for your home should be reliable. It would be better if it offers features like guest mode and parental control.
With guest mode, it is possible for a guest to use the internet facility at your home without you having to sacrifice the password.
This ensures privacy and safeguarding of sensitive information. Parental controls allow you to block certain URLs from the network provided.
Range Of Antenna
Similar to some routers like TP-Link TL-WR845N 300Mbps Wireless-N Router from the list of the five best Wi-Fi routers that we have prepared, it would be better if you choose a router which has omnidirectional antennas.
The range that antennas provide gets better with more than one antenna. So, it is always safe to select a router of this sort.
Home Use Router FAQ
How often should you replace your router?
Replacing the router may take place when you feel the need. For example, you change your mobile phone because the new one has upgraded features; similarly, you may change your router as well if you feel there is better technology available.
Will a better router increase Internet speed?
Replacing the router with a new one having better connectivity and enhanced characteristics, will increase the speed of the internet.
Is it better to have a separate modem and router?
In the general rule of things, it is indeed better to have a separate modem and router because you will have extra features of internet connectivity from either of them. You get the best of both worlds. But, as a matter of fact, there is no harm going for a single device as well.
How long do routers last on average?
The average lifetime of a router is two to four years. But, with the upgrade in technology, you may change it as per your requirement.