Philips RL191 FM Radio Review
Build and Design: The Philips RL191 has a classic, old fashioned radio design. There are two dials at the side, one for tuning and the other one is an integrated volume control/on/off dial. There is a 3V DC socket present near these dials.
Battery Backup: The product works on DC power; it requires an AC to DC adapter to function in case it is run on electricity.
However, a battery arrangement is also present which requires two R20 sized batteries. The backup of the batteries is about 1-2 months, depending upon usage.
Antenna: An external telescopic antenna is present with the product by which better range is received. It supports two bands, MW and FM.
Additional Features: Additional features for the Philips rl 191 fm radio includes a carrying handle on top, which can be used to carry it around easily.
Philips RL191 FM Radio Pros and Cons
- It is a very durable product, so will last long.
- The price of this product is cheap, thus any user can purchase this.
- It is light and compact in size, and can be carried around with ease.
- There is no USB/Pen drive/ SD card support available.
- There are some problems in the product in the outer design.
- There is no headphone socket available, and so the user has no option of privacy while listening to music on this FM radio.
Philips RL191 FM Radio Verdict
The product is available at a cheap price, and the sound quality and range are good.Being a classic, old design based fm radio the Philips rl 191 FM Radio is suitable for only those music lovers who want the age old radio feel. But the absence of any USB /SD card support will not allow the user to play music of his/ her own choice.